Soft, chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with a little well of even more PB and Jam in the centre. Little mouthfulls of two of my favourite things, without any dairy or wheat. Serve warm with a cold glass of almond milk.
For the Cookie:
128g (1/2 cup) All Natural Peanut Butter
3 tbs Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/4 tsp Salt
40g (1/4 cup) Caster Sugar (or sweetener of choice)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
120g (1 cup) Plain flour (GF)
1 tsp Baking Powder
For the Filling:
4 tbs Strawberry Jam (or whatever flavour you choose)
4 tbs Peanut Butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the peanut butter, almond milk, salt, sugar and vanilla extract.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold together (dough should be thick and able to form into a ball)
- Break off chunks of the dough and roll into 1" balls.
- Flatten them between your palms and place on the baking tray.
- Use a teaspoon measure to make "thumbprints" in the cookies, and fix any large cracks that form on the edges of the cookie.
- Fill each hole with a small amount of peanut butter and top with the jam.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies look dry and jam bubbles slightly.
- Remove parchment paper from the baking tray but leave the cookies to cool to room temperature still on the paper.